Saturday, May 16, 2015

JUST FOR FUN

Hey guys, how is the weekend going? well its time to have some fun,drop your favorite quotes from your most favorite books lets see how many we can remember. I will go first ( my own plenty ooo).


* "Blood of my blood and bone of my bone. You carry me within ye, Claire, and ye canna leave me now, no matter what happens. You are mine, always, if ye will it or no, if ye want me or nay. Mine, and I wilna let ye go." Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

* "There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.....the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope." 
Alexandre Dumas,The Count of Monte Cristo

* "I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well." - Diana Gabaldon, Dragonfly in Amber.

* "I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. "
Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird.

* "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".
Albus Dumbledore, Prisoner of Azkaban
 
* “The only people for me are the mad ones,the ones who are mad to live,mad to talk, mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time,the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”

 Jack Kerouac, On the Road.

* “This is a man in need. His fear is naked and obvious, but he's lost. Somewhere in his darkness.
His eyes wide and bleak and tortured. I can soothe him. Join him briefly in the darkness and bring him into the light.”

 E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey.

* “Whoever coined the phrase, I love you to death obviously never experienced the kind of love Tate and I share. If that were the case, the phrase would be I love you to life. Because that’s exactly what Tate did. She loved me back to life.”
 Colleen Hoover, Ugly Love.

* “I don't trust society to protect us, I have no intention of placing my fate in the hands of men whose only qualification is that they managed to con a block of people to vote for them.
 Mario Puzo, The Godfather.

* "I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice.

Let the fun begin,hoping to learn something new tonight.#wink.   
 


6 comments:

  1. Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. then your love would also change.
    William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer's always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

    NORA ROBERTS, Tears of the Moon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy how re you,I have a lot of oo,but let me drop one for now. Happy sunday everyone.
    Do you really think ... that it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations that it requires strength, strength and courage, to yield to. To stake all one's life on a single moment, to risk everything on one throw, whether the stake be power or pleasure, I care not -- there is no weakness in that.
    OSCAR WILDE, An Ideal Husband

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy cindy,this one pass exam o,but its fun. Let me try.
    Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.
    By Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  5. When life gives you lemons Make sure you know whose eyes you're gon squeeze them in.. Sophie Kinsella - The Dreamworld of a shopaholic

    ReplyDelete