Thursday, April 9, 2015

Know your Author: Anne Marie Novark

I loveeeee contemporary western romance novels and this chick is to blame for it,she is the goddess of all those who write this genre of novel. She made me fall in love with sexy cowboys,Ranches,horses and you know. I think we should get to know her a little bit before we lunch into western novels Series.



Anne Marie is a Texas girl...

born and raised. Romance is her passion. She loves to read and write about men and women falling in love, overcoming life’s obstacles, and living happily ever after. She writes spicy contemporary novels, usually involving a cowboy or two, as well as Regency historicals.
Married to her high school sweetheart, Anne Marie and her husband spend their leisure time working (actually playing) in the yard and renovating their 1956 custom-built house on a one-acre lot in the middle of the city. They have two grown children, three white rabbits, two mischievous cats, and one sweet puppy dog.
According to her

 bawl2

"I started reading romance novels in the sixth grade. Granted, they were teen romances, sweet and innocent, ordered at school from Scholastic. Sweet and innocent until eighth grade, when the bookmobile brought us the novel called YOU WOULD IF YOU LOVED ME. All the girls in my parochial school passed this book around. While the good sisters herded us to chapel, we giggled into our prayer books, wondering: Would she or wouldn’t she?
From there, I advanced to the romances of Georgette Heyer. Yes, her stories were sweet and innocent, but I was hooked on the Regency Period. That is, until the bodice rippers came along and revolutionized the romance industry. Attending Catholic high school, I learned to position my novels inside text books, looking for all the world like I was absorbed in biology and American history. My friends and I devoured Rosemary Rogers’ SWEET SAVAGE LOVE, and of course, we knew exactly which pages contained the juicy parts and read them over and over again.
Many years have passed since I was a giggling school girl, but one thing hasn’t changed–with every book I read, with every manuscript I write, I still wonder: Will they or won’t they reach their happily-ever-after?" 

*so if you love Western romance let me hear you say yeeeeehhhh!!! that's the spirit.*

2 comments:

  1. Yeaaaaahh!!...
    Have read few of her books like "Damsels in Breeches (boxed Vol 1 (book 1-3), Taxan undercover and Kristy and Jim etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is good,one of my favorite authors. I have not read Taxan undercover though.

      Delete