Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Five Favorite and Absolutely Brilliant Movies of ALL TIME

Happy Sunday guys,hope you all went to church? so while in church I started to think of the movie i will use to entertain myself later tonight and it suddenly clicked. Why not allow my beautiful blog members tell me about their  own favorite movies, that is, after I have shared mine. Most people know me as a book buff but I also loooove movies. My movie collections are almost as gigantic as my book library. Okay, enough about me.  Let me share with you guys my top five movies of all time. Are you ready?  lets go there...

5. CATCH AND RELEASE
 

Catch and release tells the story of a young woman Gray  who after the sudden death of her fiance  finds comfort in the company of his friends: lighthearted and comic Sam, hyper-responsible Dennis, and, oddly enough, his old childhood buddy Fritz, an irresponsible playboy whom she'd previously pegged as one of the least reliable people in the world. As secrets about her supposedly perfect fiance emerge, Gray comes to see new sides of the man she thought she knew, and at the same time, finds herself drawn to the last man she ever expected to fall in love with.
*This movie was my everyday must watch for a while until my hubby put a ban on it lol

4.CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON

 

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button charts the life of a man who was born old and grows younger as times progresses across the span of the 20th century. Born on the same day World War I ended, Benjamin Button's mother died giving birth to him. As a newborn, he was old and wrinkled and his horrified father Thomas Button leaves him on the doorstep of an old folk's home.He is taken in by a nurse at an old folks home. Over the years as Benjamin got "older" he appeared to get younger. As he lives at the home, he meets Daisy, a beautiful young girl the same age. He falls in love with her, knowing the relationship will always look strange.
*This movie is a masterpiece,I was blown away by the level of creativity and technicality put into the it.I started to love Brad pitt after seeing this movie.

3.FROZEN



Anna, a fearless optimist, sets off on an epic journey - teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven - to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom. From the outside Anna's sister, Elsa looks poised, regal and reserved, but in reality, she lives in fear as she wrestles with a mighty secret-she was born with, the power to create ice and snow. It's a beautiful ability, but also extremely dangerous. Haunted by the moment her magic nearly killed her younger sister Anna, Elsa has isolated herself, spending every waking minute trying to suppress her growing powers. Her mounting emotions trigger the magic, accidentally setting off an eternal winter that she can't stop. She fears she's becoming a monster and that no one, not even her sister can help her.
*Am not a fan of cartoons but this was a good watch, I find myself watching it over and over again.

2. RAB NE BANA DI JODI

 

Taani  is unhappily married to the boring Surinder Sahni. Although Surinder loves Taani, he does not have the courage to tell her as he believes she does not love him. Soon Taani enters a dance competition,surinder  then decides to win her affections by posing as a macho man named Raj Kapoor, enrolls in the same competition, gets to be her partner, and befriends her. She falls in love with him, despite being married. What she does not know is that Raj is Surinder in disguise.
*This movies although an India movies is a very powerful love story, I cry each time I watch it because it reminds me of how beautiful love is and how much sacrifice we make for those we love without them even knowing, it is a must watch.

1. THE NOTEBOOK


 

In 1940s South Carolina, mill worker Noah Calhoun and rich girl Allie are desperately in love. But her parents don't approve. When Noah goes off to serve in World War II, it seems to mark the end of their love affair. In the interim, Allie becomes involved with another man. But when Noah returns to their small town years later, on the cusp of Allie's marriage, it soon becomes clear that their romance is anything but over.

*This is my all time favorite movie,I have not seen a movie that beats this for me and I can watch this all day. The love quotes in this movie are mind blowing and guys please learn new pickup lines from this film.
Wow!! guys now you have mine,let keep this interesting share your best movies with us.
 Cheers everyone.

Cindies k signing out 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book sent to me. As for me, I love Ever After and Maid in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uwc Imma I love those movies too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to watch Catch and Release

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nt rily a movie person. This 'the notebook' jst looked boring on from the first scene, so never bothered abt it, i see quotes frm it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boring? Babe I no agree with you. How work?

      Delete
    2. Heeehee, the first scene looked it so i didn't even bother seeing it. Maybe i'll do that now though. Work is fine

      Delete
  5. Not a movie person.

    My kids so love frozen, I always wonder what is in the movie.
    Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehehe!! Madam the Madam, welcome back o.*side eye

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmm me love notebook, kuchi kuchi hotai it's an interesting funny indian movie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please!!! Please!!! Watch frozen and the notebook. I love love love love movies. Dunno which are my all time faves. There are soo many of them and it changes everyday. I like the vow, fast and furious franchise. Xmen, and plenty plenty others. I love many genres of movies. Can't begin to name them.

    ReplyDelete